Saturday, September 3, 2011

Love...

"How do you make a person love you without altering freewill?", a quote i grabbed from Bruce Almighty, Kind of like the irony of the existence of God that defines the power of choice.

Everybody wants to be loved ultimately, I mean they don't just want to be loved but be loved just the way they are and that's where the problems spring up. A lot of people don't have friends because they are scared of people, I know I am. Some have set boundaries for fear that they could be abandoned if anyone knew who they really are, others just take whatever friendship throws at them because "where else would I go?". I know a good number who'd rather hang out with people who really don't care about whatever just to keep up a certain social status.

Sometimes I wish I was born in the honest-to-god times when people were only fishermen, farmers or hunters and the simple things were valuable. When a virgin's body was a good man's dream and a woman's ambition was to submit to, honour, respect her husband and cater to her kids… but change evolved, LOL! On analysing the topic of love, I gave myself a headache, it's depth is appalling so maybe another day.

The game, a person can choose to play or not. My father lives a pretty decent life, he is a good man, honest with open hands, he never had to be sorry for anything he did or said (so he tells me) but I, on the other hand, I'm screwed. You know I'd have made a decent nurse or a psychologist, I like to care for people like I'm a really good listener but now when my dad meets people he says to them of me " my daughter is a chemist", as if I've accomplished the impossible. I'm still unsatisfied, I haven't learned anything of interest so like I said, I'm screwed!

I'm the kind that loves her space, I think people are messy and can only deal with a friend at a time, 2 maybe pushing it, if I had 3 close friends you might as well throw me a rope already. I realized that at some point people have to make decisions, boundaries don't keep you in, they fence you out to isolation. Life is messy, that's how it was made so you can waste your life drawing lines or you can live crossing them. Some lines are way too dangerous to be crossed, here's what I know, if you're willing to take the chance the view from the other side is spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment